Sunday 27 September 2015

Hi, this past week has been a busy one!!  Our color experiment finally worked!! We learned that
red + blue = purple, red + yellow = orange and blue + yellow = green.


 
 
September is childhood cancer awareness month.  We learned about Terry Fox and why we walked on Friday.  Here are a couple pictures of us on our walk.
 
We had a great time!!
 

 
We are going to begin studying apples this week.  Later in the week I am going to ask for each student to bring in their favorite apple.  We are going to do some cool things with our apples!! 
 
Tomorrow each student will be getting a baggy book to begin their at home reading practice.  I have assigned a book based on their Kindergarten level and what I have assessed so far this year in Grade One.  Try it for a couple of nights.  Please record each night as you read. If you find the level to easy or too difficult for your child please let me know in the comment section.  Return the reading log each Friday.  As well sight words will be going home tomorrow too.  I have checked all the children to see what words they know and what they still need to learn.  As a result not everyone is beginning at the same place. It is important for each child to begin where they need to begin as an individual.  I believe in teaching each student at their own stage of readiness and pace. The children and I do a lot of talking about this in class. Not every child has the same need at the same time. Please practice the words at home.  When you and your child feel they are ready for me to check their words please have them ask me to check them.  I will and I sticker or stamp the words they know and the words they still need work on I will leave blank.  Once the booklet is finished they will move on to the next set of words.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment