Saturday 14 November 2015

Sight Word Game

After we made our tinfoil and pipe cleaner creations the children played a sight word game.  We used sight words from the Pre-Primer list of words which is the first list I teach in Grade One.  I wrote the word on a sticky note and the children had one each on their heads.  they had a clipboard, pencil and a class list and they had to go around and write the word on each head of their classmate on their list next to that child's name.  When they had all their words they had to read them.  We had a lot of fun!!It also helps them know the names of their classmates because believe it or not some still do not know everyone's name.  The best part was when one of my students lined up three other people beside her and said "Look, Mrs. Murphy our words can make a sentence.  I can come here."  Those are the teachable moments I love!!!
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment