Friday 9 October 2015

This has been quite a busy week here at Mary Queen of the World!!  On Wednesday morning the students were treated to smoothies by The kids Eat Smart program and Nalcor. They really enjoyed this!!


 
Later that day I gave the students a STEM challenge.  (Science Technology Engineering and Math)  They were arranged in small groups of three or four and they had to build the highest tower they could in ten minutes.  We agreed to measure the height using a metre stick.  I gave them objects to use that were not good joiners.  They were told they could build any type of structure.  We discussed teamwork and being a good winner and loser.  It was a lot of fun and they really enjoyed it.  I was excited to hear all of the positive problem solving conversations that were happening!! 
 

 

 
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!  Please take time to remember everything you are thankful for!!  I am very thankful for my family, friends and the wonderful students and their families this year!!  Enjoy your Holiday!!
 
 
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment